Need a dessert idea you can make in less than 30 minutes? This is the recipe for you! This weekend I was looking for a quick and easy dessert to add to our annual pre-holiday pot-luck gathering. I found a recipe on-line that looked like it had potential. I did my usual Food For The Soul revamping to insure it was flavorful and satisfying and this is what resulted. A holiday table worthy recipe. Everyone enjoyed it and only one piece was left at the end of the evening.
I am always happy when cranberries are in season because they are so delicious and versatile. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to find out how to get more cranberry recipes.
- 2 apples cored and chopped. You can leave the peel on.
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¾ cup soft medjool dates
- ½ cup dried, shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place pecans in food processor. Process until chopped fine.
- Add dates. Process again until well combined.
- Add apples and process until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients into food processor.
- Pulse briefly until recipe is well combined - do not over-process. You want to still see pieces of the fruit. Scrape down sides of processor bowl as needed to keep mixture moving.
- Transfer to a pie plate and press down firmly.
- Freeze for 3-5 hours or until firm.
- Store in freezer.
That's it! Can't get much easier than that now can it?
Want more cranberry recipes? I'm sharing a weeks worth of recipes both new and from our recipe archives over on Instagram. Follow us over there @foodforthesoul.opare to make sure you don't miss any.
Do you have a favorite cranberry recipe? Is it dessert? Or maybe a side dish? How about a beverage? Tell us about it in the comments below or post a photo of it on Instagram with #veganholiday or #rawholiday and tag us @foodforthesoul.opare.