It is the season of BBQ and corn on the cob. Just because you are eating vegan or raw doesn't mean you have to miss out on all of the great flavors. Corn on the cob is great raw. Just by itself. But the other day I had an inspiration for kicking it up a notch. Here is that raw corn on the cob recipe. You can put in your dehydrator to warm it up a bit or skip that step all together.
- 1 ear of corn per person
- 1 TBL olive oil or flax or hemp oil per ear
- ½ TBL nutritional yeast per ear
- 1 TBL lemon or lime juice per ear
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shuck corn and remove silk
- Since with cold water
- Mix remaining ingredients in a low flat dish that is large enough to fit an ear of corn in.
- Roll each ear of corn in the mixture to coat evenly.
- Marinate for 30 minutes or more in your dehydrator at 110˚
- Or marinate for 30 minutes without the dehydrator.
Serve this raw vegan corn on the cob with your favorite raw burger, with kale or collard green salad and enjoy your summer treat. You could use the same marinade on your boiled or grilled corn too.
Do you have ideas for raw or vegan BBQ? Share them below so we can all know!