This week my baby girl turns 25. When I asked her what she wanted she said vegan chocolate chip cookies. I also had a request from a reader and his family for healthy baked desserts. So here goes!
- 2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup oat flour (you can grind your own from oats if you can’t find oat flour)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped macadamia or walnuts nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 TBL melted coconut oil
- 3-5 TBL almond milk
Preheat oven to 380°
Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add vanilla and coconut oil. Add 3 TBL of milk and mix. Add more milk as needed until mixture sticks together and forms a ball but is not too sticky.
Place 1-2 tablespoon full of dough on an un-greased cookie sheet. These cookies will not spread much so you can put them pretty close together. Bake for 7 minutes or until done. Take them out while they still look soft on top. They will harden up as they cool.