Last week I needed a quick meal and this easy vegan Alfredo pasta was just the ticket. I happened to have some raw cashews soaking in the refrigerator so I was able to put it all together in less than 30 minutes. It’s best if you have cashews soaked for an hour or two but if you have a high speed blender such as a Blendtec or Vitamix you can used them unsoaked. Or even soaking them for 30 minutes will help make your Alfredo sauce smooth and creamy.
To save time and reduce the dirty dishes I even just tossed the veggies in with the pasta while it was cooking for the last few minutes. The veggies were just lightly cooked and nice and crunchy.
If you want a raw version, toss the veggies and your raw noodles with the completed sauce. You can use zucchini noodles or whatever your preferred raw noodles are.
- 1 package pasta of your choosing
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white or black pepper
- 3 cups chopped veggies (I used red bell pepper, broccoli, zucchini and tomatoes)
- Soak the cashews in water for 1 hour or more
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Toss the veggies in the pot during the last 2-3 minutes
- When pasta is done drain and set aside.
- Drain the cashews and add to your blender
- Add the 1 cup water and remaining ingredients
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Add more water if needed
- Add sauce to your pot and heat
- Return the pasta and veggies to pot and stir to coat.
- Serve topped with fresh ground pepper and sprinkles of nutritional yeast.