This creamy cucumber dressing is a delicious way to add variety to your salad lineup. It’s fresh works well as an oil free dressing. Experiment with different herbs to add even more variety. It takes only a few minutes to make. No need to spend too much time chopping things up. Let your bender do the work!
We’ve been blessed with some of the most beautiful salad greens. The variety of produce available to us here in Arusha has been expanding as we’ve discovered new supermarkets. As a result I’m exploring new salad dressings to go along with them. Of course I’m still making my own vinaigrette dressings but variety is good!
This recipe is my version of a recipe I discovered in Jennifer Cornbleets’ Raw Food Made Easy For 1 or 2. As usual, I adjusted it to bring out the flavors and reduce (or eliminate) the oils. The result was quite tasty! It’s really very easy. Just toss the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and partially peeled
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves (1 tsp)
- ¼ cup olive oil (optional)
- ¼ cup filtered water (or ½ cup for oil free version)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh herbs (one or more of dill, parsley, or basil are good choices)
- ¼ of a small red or white onion
- Put all of the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to three days.
What’s your favorite salad dressing? Leave a comment below!