Even on a raw diet you can enjoy rice. By soaking wild rice overnight it becomes soft and puffs up. I find that Lundberg brand organic wild rice works the best.
This easy and quick dish is very flavorful and festive looking. Serve over a bed of greens or lettuce and you have a complete meal.
- 1 package Lunberg Organic Wild Rice
- 1 container organic blueberries
- 1 ripe mango peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large bunch mint, the fresher the better, rough chopped
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Avocado cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2-3 TBL Nama Shoyu
- 3-4 TBL Mirin (Eden Brand)
- 1-2 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder (more or less to taste)
Place rice in a large container and cover with 6 cups water. Loosely cover container. Let rice soak for 8-12 hours at room temperature. Drain and rinse rice.
Add the remaining ingredients to the rice and mix well. Adjust seasoning to taste.