On hot summer days this cooling salad will cool and satisfy you. Choose organic produce and leave the peels on.
- 1 large or 2 small cucumbers
- 1 large apple
- 5-7 radishes
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- 3 TBL olive oil
- 3 TBL raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBL date or coconut sugar or date paste
- 1 TBL stone ground mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Slice veggies and fruit very thin. Use a mandolin or the slicing blade on your food processor for fast, even slicing. Or use a knife. Place in a bowl.
Mix dressing ingredients and mix well. Pour over salad and toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.