Stuffed mushrooms are both a side dish and an appetizer. I originally became introduced to this raw recipe in the book Rawvolution by Matt Amsden. I am including his version as well as other options.
- 10-20 white or shiitake or baby bella mushrooms, stems removed. Use whichever mushrooms you can find or enjoy or a mixture.
- 1 cup Italian olives
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 cup minced fresh herbs of your choice
Place all ingredients except mushrooms in the food processor and process until well combined.
Using a spoon fill mushroom caps with pate mixture. Place on a mesh dehydrator screen and dehydrate at 110 for 12 to 18 hours.
1. Replace the pine nuts with the nut or seed of your choice.
2. Use your favorite nut or seed pate recipe. Here is my pate recipe.
3. Skip the dehydrator step and eat right away.