A spicy, and slightly creamy kale recipe with sun-dried tomatoes and red onion. Make it even creamier by mashing the avocado into the dressing. I often bring this to pot-lucks and family gatherings. Now my non-vegan family requests that I make this. It is a real crowd pleaser. Many folks have told me they've had the same experience sharing this dish with their friends and families.
I find kale has a way of jumping out of the bowl when I am tossing it with the dressing. I use a VERY large bowl. You can find one at IKEA.
- 2 TBL Nama Shoyu or Soy Sauce
- 2 TBL Coconut Nectar or Mirin
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 TBL olive oil
- ⅓ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 TBL Dulse Flakes
- 1 TBL Italian Seasoning
- ½ - 1 tsp Chipotle Chili powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 Bunch Kale torn into bite sized pieces
- ½ small red onion sliced very thin
- ⅓ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for ½ hour in water and then drained
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a very large bowl
- Add the salad ingredients to the bowl
- Toss to mix well
This recipe is part of my #50shadesofvegankalechallenge
What is your favorite kale salad?