Nana Kwaku loves soba noodles. These noodles are typically made from buckwheat (which is not a wheat) so they are gluten-free. Check the package if you are avoiding gluten.
For a partially raw dish marinate the vegetables in the dressing rather than flash cooking them.
- 1/2 to 1 package of soba noodles
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup broccoli or asparagus cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 TBL sesame seeds
- 1 TBL toasted sesame oil
- 1 TBL cold pressed sesame oil
- 1 TBL mirin
- 1-2 TBL Nama Shoyu or coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Cook soba noodles according to package directions.
To flash cook the broccoli and snow peas either add them to the soba noodles during the final one minute of cooking. (For raw veggies skip this step and add them to a medium bowl)
Drain noodles and veggies and rinse in cold water. Pour ice water over noodles to chill.
Mix remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Add noodles and veggies. Toss to mix well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.