This recipe is courtesy of member Reggie Jackson. It is a bit more involved than other Kale Chip recipes but I bet it is worth it! I'll let you know. I am getting ready to make a batch now. My nuts are soaking as I type. I'll report back and post a photo soon.
Update: These chips are great! I highly recommend them.
Two Bunches of Green Kale washed and torn into chip sized pieces. (Remove excess water from Kale with a Salad Spinner)
- One Small to Medium Red Onion (optional to use Red other type onions OK)
- Two Stalks of Celery
- Two Cloves of Garlic
- Quarter of Habanero Pepper (or pepper of choice)
- One Cup of Raw Cashews soaked 15 – 30 min and rinsed (dehydrated ok)
- One half Cup of Almonds (dehydrated ok)
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes soaked 15 – 30 min
- 1 1/2 TBL Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 TBL Nama Shoyu
- 1 TBL Mirin
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 TBL Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Black Salt
Combine Onion, Garlic, Celery and Pepper in a food Processor and mix until all ingredients are well mixed to a liquid minced consistency. Remove this mixture from the Food Processor and set aside in a bowl.
Mix the nuts in the FP until they are in a powdered consistency then add all remaining ingredients and mix until a creamy consistency.
Place Kale in a large Salad Bowl and Coat them very lightly with Olive Oil.. Mix in the Savory Coating by hand to coat all of the Kale to your desired thickness.
Load the Kale pieces on to your required number of Dehydrator perforated sheets and trays.
Dehydrate at 115 Deg F for 10 hours or as required for the desired crispness.
Remember make the recipe your own be creative and Enjoy to the Fullest and Share