Join us in Pamoja! Everything you need to make your plant-based lifestyle accessible, achievable and enjoyable
Pamoja is a Swahili word that means together. This is the place where we can come together to learn, support each other and make this vegan or raw food lifestyle work for us. Pamoja! Together in the food revolution.
Inside Pamoja! you’ll have access to training, resources, group coaching, and a community of others on the same journey. We want to be sure you’ll be able to create and sustain your healthy lifestyle for the long haul. Click here to find out more.
When we work together I'll provide the guidance and structure you need to figure out why what you've been doing isn't working. We'll create a plan to cope with your emotional eating and get control of your cravings.
I’m ready to help you start loving your healthy diet and lifestyle. You'll feel good about your lifestyle change and making the best change for yourself. Find out more.
Articles From Our Blog Archive
- 5 Tips For Eating And Cooking Vegan When Your Family Does Not Are you the only vegan in your house? Are you making meals for the non-vegans and yourself? If you are struggling to figure out how to keep everyone fed and satisfied, here are 5 suggestions to keep your whole family happy. Read more
- Aaak! There’s egg in this! (What to watch out for when eating out.) I spent this past weekend in my hometown of Chicago to celebrate the birthday of my youngest daughter, my stepmother and aunt. We enjoyed the view from the 96th floor of the John Hancock building and I got to hang out with my too-cute nephew. At 18 months he already knows how to work an iPod and pushes the buttons on a remote then looks around to see what happens. My daughter and I had lunch at our favorite Chinatown restaurant. We ordered a bean ... Read more
- Why You Shouldn’t Get Down On Yourself Do you blame yourself for your current state of not eating the way you should, or exercising the way you should, or not cleaning up your act in some fashion? If you do you are not alone. Many of us have the tendency to blame ourselves, feel bad about ourselves, and therefore endure feelings of shame and guilt because we are not living up to our expectations for ourselves. Unfortunately this self blame will probably not help you. It may in fact keep you stuck in ... Read more
- But It Doesn’t Taste The Same! I have talked about this before but this is a real issue for many new vegetarians so I want to focus on it again. That is the issue of “But it doesn’t taste like it used to.” One of the biggest changes I had to make mentally when I became a vegan was that I thought my food should taste like it did before, when I was a meat eater. I would make a vegan recipe but I would have in my mind how I thought ... Read more
- Are You A Yo-Yo Vegan? We all know that eating healthy is important for losing weight, healing and getting off medications, and increasing our energy level. More and more of us are choosing a vegan lifestyle for optimal health. Unfortunately, many people struggle with an on again off diet, yo-yo-ing from healthy eating to out of control. Although you know how much better you feel when you eat right, it can be difficult to give up your bad habits and fight your sugar and junk food cravings. Even when you are eating vegan/vegetarian the ... Read more
- How To Battle Food Addictions Nana Kwaku and I are addicts. So are you! We all have addictions to food in some form or another. Many of the foods we eat and crave have an addictive nature. Sugar, salt and fat all activate our brains and our desire mechanisms. Food manufactures know this fact well and use that knowledge to their benefit and our detriment. They create concoctions of fat, salt, and sugar that entice us and make us want more and more of the cheap to produce unhealthy food. For more on ... Read more
- The #1 Tool For Successfully Changing Your Diet Making the transition to or maintaining your vegetarian or vegan lifestyle is often challenging for people. Some folks start and stop many times. Others stay vegetarian for a good length of time and then fall off. Some may worry they aren’t eating the right things or attribute symptoms they are having to giving up animal products. Does this sound familiar to you? There are many forces out there that are trying to undermine your progress and confuse you. Advertisers and the food industry want to keep you ... Read more
- Eat A Rainbow-Forget About Supplements Because of our work helping people heal through diet and lifestyle change and Nana Kwaku’s training and background in nutrition, quite often people want to know about what supplements they should take. Or they want to know what they need to eat to get specific nutrients. Or you probably have seen one of the many info graphics that say in essence, “eat ____ to do ____”, indicating that some particular food or nutrient will solve x problem. I truly understand this thinking. We are trying to ... Read more