Join us in Pamoja! Everything you need to make your plant-based lifestyle accessible, achievable and enjoyable
Pamoja is a Swahili word that means together. This is the place where we can come together to learn, support each other and make this vegan or raw food lifestyle work for us. Pamoja! Together in the food revolution.
Inside Pamoja! you’ll have access to training, resources, group coaching, and a community of others on the same journey. We want to be sure you’ll be able to create and sustain your healthy lifestyle for the long haul. Click here to find out more.
Articles From Our Blog Archive
- 3 Mindsets To Help You Stick To Your Healthy Diet And Lifestyle Deciding you want to make a change to a new healthy diet and lifestyle is an important first step towards losing weight and improving your health. But will power is not usually enough to make it stick. In this video I share three mindsets that can help you be successful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlIgK0I5MWg The mindsets are: 1. Don’t focus on what you are giving up. Focus instead on the new things that are being added to your life and diet. 2. Don’t try to make your vegan/vegetarian food taste just like ... Read more
- 5 Tips For Eating And Cooking Vegan When Your Family Does Not Are you the only vegan in your house? Are you making meals for the non-vegans and yourself? If you are struggling to figure out how to keep everyone fed and satisfied, here are 5 suggestions to keep your whole family happy. Read more
- 7 Vegan Recipes You Should Know How To Make Last week I shared 10 recipes that are the foundation of a raw food diet. Today I focus on how to do the same for a plant-based diet that includes cooked foods. Now you can build a flavorful and soulful diet, love your food and stay committed. Read more
- Black Vegetarian Societies When I first became a vegan I was living in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I didn’t really know too many other Black/Afrikan vegetarians or vegans. I didn’t think there were that many of us. I was wrong. The Vegetarian Resource Group conducted a nationally representative telephone poll of 2,030 adults aged 18 and over. Their statistics for 2012 state that 4% of Americans are vegetarian or vegan. That includes 1% who are Vegan. That means 9 million vegetarians and 2 million of those are vegan. Another 43% report ... Read more
- But It Doesn’t Taste The Same! I have talked about this before but this is a real issue for many new vegetarians so I want to focus on it again. That is the issue of “But it doesn’t taste like it used to.” One of the biggest changes I had to make mentally when I became a vegan was that I thought my food should taste like it did before, when I was a meat eater. I would make a vegan recipe but I would have in my mind how I thought ... Read more
- Detoxing And The Healing Crisis I have been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days. I believe it is what is called a “healing crisis” and is part of the detox process. After a few months of eating too much cooked food and too much food altogether I am back to eating all or mostly raw. The extra pounds I gained are going away. I have felt much better and lighter over all. But the last few days I have been tired, headachy, congested and have had times ... Read more
- Getting Back To Eating (and loving) Real Food I think for many people the thought of eating healthy or worse plant-based/vegan/raw for the rest of their life means a life of deprivation and boring food. Not true! Contrary to popular belief healthy food tastes great! That is, as long as you know how to make it that way. In fact your non-vegan family and friends will be happy to eat your plant-based/vegan/raw food as long as it satisfies their taste buds. (And you aren’t a vegangelist) They’ll be asking for more. And asking for ... Read more
- How To Make Your New Year’s Resolution Last A Lifetime The new year is for most people a time of out with the old and in with the new. It’s a time for new beginnings, resolutions and setting your sites on making the coming year better in some way. If you’ve decided to up your diet and healthy lifestyle game this year you are certainly not alone. You’re in good company. Each year we move the needle forward a bit as we strive to optimize our diet and lifestyle. For us, now that we have our ... Read more