Use this spicy flavorful pate in tacos, burritos, or fill an avocado or pepper. Make it spicier by adding a hot chili pepper. You can substitute soaked seeds or the nuts of your choice for the pecans.
Use lettuce leaves or collard greens for a raw wrap.
Short on time? Skip the soaking of the nuts and add water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- 1½ cups pecans soaked for 2-4 hours then drained
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes soaked for 15 min or up to 1 hour then drained
- ½ white onion rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in food processor and process until well mixed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Use lettuce leaves or collard greens as a burrito wrap.
- Add other burrito or taco fillings as desired.
- Skip soaking the nuts if needed. Just add a bit of water as needed to get right consistency.