Are you like many folks who love seafood? I often hear people talk about how they eat vegan except for occasional fish or seafood. If you have a hard time giving up the seafood (or even if you don't) here is a vegan and living foods recipe for you. Think of it like a raw crab cake or salmon cake. It gets its seafood flavor from the seaweed.
This recipe also makes use of all of that almond pulp that might go to waste after you make your almond milk. Combined with grated carrots and chopped celery, red bell pepper and fresh herbs it creates a beautiful and delicious un-fish cake that makes a great appetizer or main dish. The patties are coated in ground flaxseed as the "breading."
Make a sauce by mixing horseradish with some raw or vegan mayo.
I think this would also work with Cajun seasoning or other seasoning combinations.
- 1 cup almond pulp left over from making almond milk
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ¾ chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup nori flakes or crumbled nori sheets
- ½ cup dulse flakes or chopped dulse
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-4 garlic cloves or ½ large elephant garlic clove
- ⅛-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- Place all the ingredients except the flax seed in a large bowl
- Mix until well combined
- Put ground flax seed on a plate or wide bowl
- Use your hands to form patties
- Roll both sides of each patty in the flax meal to coat
- Place on a dehydrator tray. No need to use a teflex sheet unless your batter is very wet
- Dehydrate for 12-16 hours at 110° or until patties reach your desired dryness
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
I hope you give this a try. Let me know how you like it and what seasoning adaptions you make.