Inspired by one of Nana Kwaku's favorite things at Lovin It Live restaurant, these tasty strips made from meaty Portobello mushrooms are great with your favorite raw or prepared sauce. Start them in the morning and they are ready for dinner!
Mock Chicken Strips
Author: Ama T. Opare
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Raw Food
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 Large Portobello Mushroom caps
- 1 cup ground flax seed or ground sprouted and dehydrated buckwheat or a combination of the two
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ - ½ teaspoon chipotle pepper powder or cayenne pepper or cajun spice
- 1 /2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Nama Shoyu (unpasturized soy sauce)
- Slice mushrooms into 1½ inch strips
- Combine dry ingredients in a low flat dish or on a plate and mix well.
- Combine oil and Nama Shoyu.
- Dip each mushroom strip into the oil mixture and coat well. Dredge in breading and lay on a dehydrator sheet lined with a teflex sheet. Dehydrate at 110º for 4-6 hours or until desired crispness.
- Serve with your favorite raw or prepared barbeque sauce.