I'm thrilled to have my own kitchen again and this kitchen is much nicer than the one I had in Atlanta. I'm looking forward to sharing recipes and videos from our Tanzania vegan adventure.
For today I have a delicious salad that uses the abundant mangos and avocados that are in season now. I walked to the market this morning and picked up some super fresh produce. This was our lunch. Yum!
It was bursting with flavor. Sweet, tangy, spicy and creamy in the mouth. It was also gone in a flash! (Lemons here in Tanzania are green) I'll be making this one again for sure.
Here's a super fast version of me making it. The full recipe is below. Enjoy!
- 2 ripe mangos
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small or ½ large red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- ½-1 hot pepper. Remove seeds for less heat
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large or 2 small lemons
- ½ tsp salt
- Cube the mango and avocado and add to bowl
- Julienne slice bell pepper
- Chop onion fine
- Mince hot pepper
- Rough chop cilantro
- Mince garlic or use a press
- Add everything to your bowl and mix
- Squeeze lemon juice over salad and mix again
Do you have a favorite avocado recipe? Tell us in the comments below.