Looking for a quick dinner? Lettuce wraps may be it. Choose a soft lettuce that you can warp around your choice of chopped vegetables and a nut or seed pate. (Recipe here.) Top it off with a flavorful sauce or dressing.
Set out the filling options in a salad bar like fashion and let everyone choose their own filling.
Place the filling ingredients in containers and take it to work or school for lunch. Then you can assemble it when you are ready to eat it.
- ½ head leave lettuce or butter lettuce
- ½ cup of pate. I made mine with an Asian flare using ginger, cilantro, and lime.
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- ½ cup sliced or chopped red bell pepper
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 scallions sliced
- ½ cucumber cut into match sticks
- any other veggies you enjoy
- Dip sauce or dressing of your choice