This is a user submitted recipe for the 50 Shades of Vegan Kale Challenge. Thank you Ido!
- 1 bunch kale, washed, stems removed and sliced into ribbons
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 medium shallot, sliced and soaked in cold water for about 5 minutes
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs chopped sun-dried tomatoes (if they were packed in oil, just chop them; if they were dried, re-hydrate them first)
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Pour 1/4 of the lemon juice on the kale and a drizzle of olive oil, a few pinches of salt.
Massage the Kale for about 1 - 2 minutes, until soften and wilted slightly
Mix honey and remaining lemon juice, whisk in the olive oil
Drain shallots and add to kale along with sun-dried tomatoes
Add lemon oil dressing and black pepper and toss