Learn the method Dr. Opare teaches his patients for detoxing, healing and weight loss.
When combined with self observation and reflection, journaling, prayer/meditation, and a commitment to making changes, a juice fast allows you to make profound changes in your emotional, spiritual and physical health.
Download your own copy of the instructions for the Opare Juice Fasting protocol. Includes charts, recipes and full instructions for starting, maintaining and ending your fast. The same material we share with patients to help them heal, detox and lose weight. Price - $15.00
Articles From Our Blog Archives
- Detoxing And The Healing Crisis I have been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days. I believe it is what is called a “healing crisis” and is part of the detox process. After a few months of eating too much cooked food and too much food altogether I am back to eating all or mostly raw. The extra pounds I gained are going away. I have felt much better and lighter over all. But the last few days I have been tired, headachy, congested and have had times ... Read more
- Green Juice #1 A tasty fruit and greens combination. Dilute 50/50 with filtered water if you are using the Opare Juice Fast method. ½ pineapple rind removed (you can leave the core) 1 large apple ½ bunch mint 4 stalks green kale Run through your juicer and enjoy! Find out more about our Juice Fast Program. Go to member only forums to share your fasting experience and ask your questions. Read more
- How Long Should I Fast? This is a repost of an article by Dr. Opare. It’s also an excerpt from our Juice Fasting For Health, Wellness and Weightloss ebook. One of the most common questions people we supervise fasting have is; how long am I going to be fasting? When Do I break the fast? It is relatively easy to stop eating for a while it is far more challenging to properly break the fast and move into healthier patterns of food consumption and life habits. The timing of breaking the ... Read more
- How To Detox With A Juice Fast Periodically I do a juice fast. Sometimes I get stuck making the same few recipes and then feel bored. Or we start eating more cooked food that we should. Maybe the fast pace of life leads us to eat out more often, gain weight, and succumb to temptations such as cooked soy based meals. Eventually I feel bloated, heavy, and less able to focus. That’s when I know it’s time to fast again. After 7-10 days on a juice fast I feel MUCH better. I lose ... Read more
- How To Do A Food Journal Originally posted at www.opare.net. By Nana Kwaku Opare, MD, MPH, CA Recently there have been news reports about the importance of keeping a food journal for weight loss. Here is a link to a report from ABC news. Keeping a Food Journal has been a part of my integrative approach to healing for many years. It is an important part of your healing process and can support your when you are making diet and lifestyle changes. The journal allows you to see connections between what you eat and ... Read more
- How To Know When To Break Your Juice Fast Last time I discussed many of the reasons people break their juice fast too soon and the goals of a fast. This time I’ll share how you can tell when the time is right for ending your juice fast Signs you are ready to start eating again are: Hunger. I’m talking about true body hunger as opposed to the emotional craving you may have had when you started the fast and no doubt continued to have during the fast. Sometimes it is difficult to tell what is ... Read more
- New Year Juice Fast and Detox – Join Me As the new year approaches I am planning to do a juice fast. I always enjoy the holiday season because it is a time I get to spend with my family that is spread out across the country. Visiting my hometown of Chicago and my daughters, parents, siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles is always a treat. However, it is also a time of over indulgence. As usual, this year I ate too much. I ate at my favorite vegan restaurants in Chicago. I ate ... Read more
- Seven Days Just Juice-Recipes and More Today is the seventh day of our juice fast. We have had only freshly made fruit and vegetable juice (and water and herb tea) for the past seven days. We are doing this to rid ourselves of excess weight, toxins from our diets, and to help us recommit to our preferred diet of all to mostly raw without fried foods, processed foods and refined sugars. I have been sharing my progress each day in the member only forums. I know there are at least 5 of ... Read more