Indian food is one of my all time favorites. Making it vegan is so easy. Making it raw is another thing. But it is something I am working on. Nana Kwaku has challenged me to create a raw dal recipe.
My favorite vegan Indian food blogger Richa Hingle just came out with her recipe book. I had pre-ordered it on Amazon. Unfortunately it arrived just as we were starting a two week juice fast. And just as we are getting back to eating mostly raw for the summer.
The recipes in the book look fabulous! So I decided to see what I can do to make raw versions of some of them. This one is inspired by her Mushrooms and Greens or Kadhai Kumbh Palak recipe.
If you are tired of the same old kale salad recipe give this one a try. It may require a trip to the store for some unfamiliar spices but it is worth it I promise. I suggest making it a bit ahead of time and letting it marinate 30 to 60 minutes let the flavors mingle.
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1½ to 2 cups sliced white or baby bella mushrooms
- ½ to 1 green chili, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 TBL coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 TBL Mirin
- 1 TBL cold pressed sesame oil
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground fenugreek
- ¼ tsp salt
- Wash kale and tear or chop into bite sized pieces.
- Add kale, mushrooms and tomatoes to large bowl.
- Add chili and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and marinate for 30-60 min, stirring occasionally