I first made this recipe several years ago when I had just started eating raw. I was at a (non-vegan) family holiday dinner. It was creamy and delicious and I felt like I was eating a real treat. You can eat this and feel good about it.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 soft medjool dates (if your dates are not soft soak them in some water for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup water (or the water from soaking the dates), + plus more as needed
Blend all ingredients in blender until creamy scrapping down the sides as needed to incorporate everything. Add more water as needed for desired consistency. Taste for flavor and adjust accordingly. Chill in the refrigerator before serving, it tastes much better after chilling.
Top with fresh fruit, or chopped nuts.