Eating greens on a regular basis is what really does a body good. I've been trying ever since we got here to Tanzania to figure out how to make them the way I've been served them. I've searched for recipes on line and in books but nothing matched what I was looking for. I finally asked Modesta to show me how she makes them. In this video she shows us how. I was surprised to see just how easy it was and how few ingredients it was. Sometimes simple is better.
The result is a vibrant green, flavorful and satisfying dish. Don't let the simplicity of this recipe make you pass it by! It's the perfect dish for when you're short on time. It fast, easy and delicious! Give it a try, and let me know how you like it.
- 1 bunch greens of your choice, collards, kale etc
- 1 medium onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Chop greens very small
- Chop onion
- Add to pan and sauté with out oil or water
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cook until greens are softened but are still bright green. (About 5-10 minutes)
- That's it!!
Share this recipe and spread the love!