This is a reader submitted recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped un-salted cashews
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup red onion sliced thin
- 2 TBL finely chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Place couscous, raisins and curry powder in a large bowl. Add boiling water and stir. Cover tightly with foil and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with fork, cover again and let it sit 10 more minutes. Fluff with fork again and then let it sit uncovered to cool. Stir in the cashews, peas, red pepper, onion and mint.
Combine dressing ingredients in wisk together or place in a jar and shake to mix. Pour over couscous and mix well. Cover and let at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to mix.