This recipe is an adaption of Cocophoria from one of my favorite raw food recipe books, The Rawvolution Continues, by Matt and Janabai Amsden. (Rawvolution is a good one too.) I find that many of their recipes only need a bit of tweaking.
See here for instructions on opening coconuts and removing meat.
- Meat from two young coconuts.
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp coconut aminos or Nama Shoyu or soy sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp curry powder
- pinch of chipotle pepper powder or cayenne pepper
- Cut the coconut meat into thin strips. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl or container with a lid. Add the coconut meat and stir to be sure each piece is coated with the marinade. Cover and set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or over night. The flavor increases the longer it marinates.
- Spread the meat on a dehydrator tray that is lined with a dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate at 110º for 8-12 hours depending on your desired texture or dryness/crispness.