- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 TBL Nama Shoyu, coconut aminos or Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- 2 medium oranges peeled and segmented, reserving 3 tablespoons juice
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- ½ small fennel bulb, slice very thin
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dry almonds, rough chopped
Soak rice in the water for 24 hours until it has plumped and most of the grains have opened to reveal the white interior. Rinse and drain the rice.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, Nama Shoyu, chipotle pepper powder and orange juice. Add the wild rice and toss to coat. Add the remaining ingredients and toss.
For a cooked version, substitute the wild rice with cooked and cooled brown rice.