Are you looking for a living foods wrap? You can of course use collard greens or lettuce. Here, however, is another option. This wrap, made from the meat of a young coconut, is sturdy yet flexible. It is easy to make and only uses a few ingredients. Here I filled the wraps with a taco meat pate.
You can flavor your wrap to fit your dish. This version uses curry powder. Try using chili powder instead. Or add fresh herbs such as cilantro, or add spinach.
- 2-4 young coconuts to yield 4 cups of coconut meat
- ⅛ coconut aminos or soy sauce
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup lemon or orange or lime juice
- 1 TBL curry powder or seasoning of your choice
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Remove coconut meat from shell
- Save the water for another recipe
- Place coconut meat and other ingredients in high-speed blender
- Blend until very smooth
- Spread thinly over a teflex lined dehydrator tray
- Dehydrate at 110 for 12 hours
- Flip and remove teflex sheet
- Dehydrate for another 4 hours or until dry but still flexible
- Cut into 4 squares
- Refrigerate between sheets of paper towel or parchment paper in an airtight container until ready to use.
I would love to hear how you use this recipe. Any ideas for making a sweet version? Leave us a comment below.