MAKES 12 BROWNIES
This is a super easy recipe that you can make and be ready to eat in 15 minutes. Make a double batch! You wont' be sorry 🙂
- 1 ½ cups raw walnuts, unsoaked
- Dash salt
- 10 pitted medjool dates, unsoaked
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or carob powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water (for a moister brownie, optional)
- ¼ cup chopped dried cherries (optional)
Chop ¼ cup of the walnuts and set aside. Place the remaining walnuts and salt in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until finely ground. Add the dates and process until mixture sticks together. Add the cocoa powder and optional vanilla and process until evenly distributed. Add the water, if using, and process briefly.
Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the reserved chopped walnuts and dried cherries, if desired, and mix well using your hands. Pack the mixture firmly into a square container. Stored in a sealed container, Brownies will keep for up to one week in the refrigerator or one month in the freezer.