This recipe comes from Tracye McQuirter in By Any Greens Necessary. Read my interview with Tracye here.
- 2-3 bunches curly kale, washed and chopped or torn into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2~3 tablespoons (Bragg Liquid Aminos) I recommend using Nama shoyu or Coconut Aminos instead. Braggs has a lot of MSG and should be avoided.
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
Place the kale in a large bowl and pour the olive oil over it. Toss with salad tongs to make sure all the leaves are coated. Add in the rest of the ingredients and toss well. If possible, let marinate at room temperature for about half an hour before serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.