I’m Ama Opare, vegan and raw vegan chef, cook book author, plant-based lifestyle coach, and co-owner of the Opare Institute.
I help people just like you get the confidence you need to stick to your convictions, the clarity about what you should be putting in your body, and to discover great food that tastes amazing and makes you feel good.
- I know it can be hard to be resilient and make the right decisions when you are surrounded by all the wrong choices and your friends and family don't support you.
- I know what it's like to feel like garbage when you give into bad cravings, especially when people around you are eating that way and your stress level is high.
- It can be really hard to filter through all the opinions on what's healthy and what's not.
- And it's hard to stay committed when you're bored with your food.
Not so long ago I was just like you. I WANTED to be vegetarian (I didn't even know about vegan then) but I didn't know how. I was over weight, worried about my health and I couldn't control my cravings for burgers and fries.
In 2007 that all changed. I reconnected with Nana Kwaku Opare, MD, MPH, CA who I had known in high school and college and he opened the door to a new way of life for me. He's a physician and dietitian who has spent decades helping people like me make the plant-based lifestyle a reality. We rekindled an old flame and in 2010 we were married.
I joined forces with Nana Kwaku in creating the Opare Institute in 2010. We combined my decades of education experience and his wholistic approach to health and healing to provide life changing results for our patients and clients. We've created state of the art education programs for folks just like you who are ready to take charge of their health and well-being by adopting a plant-based lifestyle.
Food For The Soul is the result of that work. Thanks to the power of the internet we've brought our programs and services online and are reaching and helping people all around the world.
Our #Blaxit! In 2016 we packed up our life in Atlanta, GA and moved across the world to Arusha, Tanzania, in East Afrika. We're spreading the power of the plant-based lifestyle here where recently the epidemic of diabetes and high blood pressure has skyrocketed due to the change in diets. We are doing our part to create a global food revolution!
Food For The Soul is my passion
Here you'll find everything you need to develop the confidence, conviction, resilience and enjoyment you want and need:
- Great food that tastes good and makes you feel good;
- Tools to help you be more confident in social settings;
- Clarity about vegan nutrition so you can just enjoy your food without the mental obsession;
- The ability to tackle your cravings without shaming and blaming.
As a plant-based lifestyle coach, my philosophy is that ...
⇒ A healthy lifestyle shouldn’t be complicated. A common sense approach will stand the test of time and outlast the latest fad diet.
⇒ You are your own best resource for success. Learning to listen to what your experiences and body is telling you is the foundation of creating a plan that fits your unique needs and will change your life.
⇒ Healthy food should be delicious! You don’t have to sacrifice taste to be healthy.
When you work privately with me you’ll walk away with
- Clarity about what your personalized healthy diet and lifestyle really is
- Strength and resolve to stay on your healthy lifestyle course no matter what life brings your way
- The confidence and skills to create food you love to eat
You’re ready to go after your dreams!
I’m here to show you how.